Tuesday, April 8, 2008

CONTEST!!! CONTEST!!! CONTEST!!!

I just thought of something while sitting at work. Naturally, it has absolutely nothing to do with anything work related.

I slave over these blog entries for hours* just so all of you people can read the terribly clever** things I have to say. Now I know that everyone is obviously just here for their own good, but I ask of you-- reader of my blog-- to give a little back.

After reading this entry, I ask you to post a comment. Not just any comment, though. I want you to suggest a book that you have read and think I might enjoy.

Also, I realize I only had 39 ticks on my website-counter (19 of which were probably me) in the first half-month. But if even half of the people suggested a book I'd have a pretty healthy to-read list.

People who suggest a book will be entered into a drawing for the GRAND PRIZE***. Winner everytime.




*Minutes
**Unimportant
*** My reciprocal suggestion--non-book related--but certainly related to how good your book suggestion was.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the joy of sex. awkward? i say no.

Anonymous said...

A List of Books I suggest and you might enjoy.

"Choke" - Chuck Palahnuik

"Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs" - Chuck Klosterman

"Metallica and Philosophy" - William Irwin

"Survivor" - Chuck Palahnuik

And anything by Douglas Adams

Enjoy, Read on, and have a nice day.

Matthew said...

If you're ever in a darker mood, read "The Necessary Grace to Fall" by Gina Ochsner. Short fiction stories about life and death. I'll think of some other suggestions later.

You might want to check out these sites. They're kinda neat:

www.paperbackswap.com

www.bookmooch.com

Unknown said...

The brief wondrous life of oscar wao - Junot Diaz

It will give you boner.